Regular occurrence of the floods and increased rate of flash floods triggered long-term effort of the Slovak Republic focused on the flood mitigation.
The flood mitigation program consists of several components - civil engineering, monitoring and research, warning systems. The project POVAPSYS focuses mainly on infrastructure monitoring and research of facilities.
- Integration of many data types
- Complex modeling with ensemble data inputs
- Advanced mapping with complex layers
- Short delivery period
- Operational database integrating SQL data and metadata as well as non SQL data
- Hydrological models integrated into IMS Model Suite framework / HYPOS portal: HBV rainfall-runoff model, HEC-HMS rainfall-runoff model and HEC-RAS 1D flow model
- Map server with OGC web services
- Setup, calibration and validation of hydrological models for territory of Slovakia (49.036 km2) and less detailed models for Danube / Morava / Bodrog basins out of Slovakia (131.000 km2)
- Model performance validated not only using validation datasets, but in real operation during floods on rivers Ipe? and Slaná in February 2016
- Fully automated operation of the models