The SWS-050 is optimised for use in applications where accurate and reliable visibility measurements are required.
- 10 m to 40 km measurement range
- Compact forward scatter design
- Not affected by local lights
- Easily installed by one person
- Hood heating for use in extreme environments
- Easy integration of Biral ALS-2 ambient light sensor
- Comprehensive self-test and maintenance data
The forward scatter measurement principle and unique design ensure the output is both accurate and reliable in all weather conditions and will not be influenced by local lights sources, even those that flash.
With a measurement range of 10 m to 40 km the sensor is suitable for use in road and aviation applications as well as meteorological observation networks.
Constructed from robust aluminium and finished with ahigh quality powder coat, the sensor will provide years of reliable service. Heating of the optical windows and sensor hoods is provided as standard allowing use in the harshest of conditions. Both optical windows are monitored for contamination and the visibility output is automatically compensated to reduce maintenance requirements.
Easy integration of the ALS-2 ambient light sensor makes the SWS-050 perfect for use in aviation applications where both RVR and METAR data is needed.