The RWS-20 is designed for use in road applications where accurate and reliable visibility measurements are required. The forward scatter measurement principle and unique design ensure the output is both accurate and reliable in all weather conditions and will not be influenced by local light sources, headlights or even flashing signs and beacons.
- 10 m to 7500 m measurement range
- Compact forward scatter design
- Optional hood heating for use in extreme winter environments
- Window heating and contamination monitoring
- Optional 4-20 mA and relay outputsAnalogue voltage output (0-10 V)
- Comprehensive self-test capabilities
- Serial data output (RS232, RS422 or RS485)
- 2 Years warranty
The 10 m to 7.5 km measurement range is optimal for use in road applications where fog, heavy rain, surface spray and snow can cause dangerous driving conditions due to reduced visibility. Heating of both the optical windows and sensor hoods is provided allowing use in the harshest of winter conditions. Both optical windows are monitored for contamination and the visibility output is automatically compensated to reduce maintenance requirements. The RWS-20 will even automatically alert when the measurement optics need to be cleaned.